1. Find a wall in your community. This can be at a local school, supermarket, well-traveled intersection - anywhere there's a wall! Talk to friends and colleagues, do some exploring! When you locate a good wall, speak with the building owner. Get them excited about the idea! The ideal wall is not too rough, appx. 8'x30', uninterrupted with doors and windows, and in a well-traveled area where lots of people can see it!
2. Make a date for an event and invite people (students, community members, church congregants, local families) to come and paint! Make it clear that this will be a fun, no pressure way to share love with the community, do something they've probably never done before, and make new friends. Anyone can participate and feel assured that it will come out well.
3. The day before the event Alex Cook will create a "coloring book" on the wall, so that when participants arrive the design is clear.
4. At the event, all colors are pre-mixed and participants are guided as to how to fill in the design.
5. After group painting is finished, Alex Cook will make final adjustments, clean up lines, etc. to ensure that this mural is beautiful and speaks powerfully to your community for many years to come!
Survivor Theater Project, Cambridge, MA
Parkview Elementary School, Socorro, NM
Lutheran Church of Our Redeemer, Sacramento, CA
Bridgewater State Hospital, MA
Panajachel Colegio International, Guatemala
Socorro High School, Socorro, NM
Christian Science Church, Carmichael, CA
Fenway Alliance, Boston, MA
Port Townsend Public Schools, WA
Berkeley Hall School, Los Angeles, CA
Big Thought, Dallas TX
Austin Street Center, Dallas, TX
Orange County Sheriff's Dept., Orange County, CA
Matteo Parris, Concord, MA
Boston Debate League, Boston, MA
Covenant House, New York, NY
South Street Youth Center, Boston, MA
JP Church, Boston, MA
3rd Church of Christ, Scientist, Boston, MA
Common Street Church, Natick, MA
First Baptist Church in Jamaica Plain, Boston, MA
Glenhaven Academy, Marlborough, MA
Ben Emmert- Aaronson, Berkeley, CA
Beyond Basics, Detroit, MI
Detroit Public Schools, Detroit, MI
City of Boston Paintbox Project, Boston, MA
Plano Independent School District, Plano, TX
Arlington Independent School District, Arlington, TX
Hyde Square Task Force, Boston, MA
Dave and Katie Shutler, Dallas, TX
Wellspring Gardens, San Antonio, TX
Chaplain Maya Deitz, US Army